Monday, November 19, 2007

Bye Bye USA

Recently, I have been toying with the idea of leaving the USA, renouncing my citizenship and relocating my family elsewhere.

I decided to start a blog for people who have a similar interest in leaving the United States. We could exchange knowledge and hints, so to speak.

The cause of my interest in going elsewhere is my modest success. I mean, when I was young and had student loans and lived paycheck to paycheck, anything as distant as changing country of domicile was simply off the radar. Now most of my life is behind me and I worked hard, deferred gratification, made sensible choices, refrained from indulgence, stayed married when it was no fun, eschewed real estate speculation, provided for my children, and now, today I look around me.

Here in New Jersey, the politicians promised so much to government workers that anyone who stays in New Jersey to pay the bill will indeed be a fool. Most young people will move south or west. I do not see why I should stay around to pay the bill. The politicians promised future benefits to their minions to achieve and retain their political power. I never wrote letters in support of or voted in support of fantastic retirement and health benefits to the employees of my town, county or state.

Now on a larger scale, most of the political life of my beloved country had degenerated to “the government may do anything it wants to,” the mob determines what the government wants to do, individual people are gist for the mill.

No comments: